Re: [exim] bogus? helo godaddy --- <not!>

Autor: Jeremy Harris
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] bogus? helo godaddy --- <not!>
Karl Schmidt wrote:
> Somehow I think my point was missed - the real reason they were blocking is
> that the sending server doesn't have port 25 open to the public! The sending
> server was also not the MX server. (The helo was/is just fine - they just can't
> get it except from our MX listed server).

Sorry, I can't parse that.
You've given them a HELO by initiating an SMTP connection to them. They
have it from that point; I don't see how they "can't get it".

Does the HELO you send have an rDNS? Does a forward lookup on the
result of the reverse lookup match?

> They are not doing a callback based
> on the MX record, but instead on the sending IP.

What have you observed them doing?

- Jeremy