Re: [exim] bogus? helo godaddy --- <not!>

Autor: Karl Schmidt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] bogus? helo godaddy --- <not!>
Somehow I think my point was missed - the real reason they were blocking is
that the sending server doesn't have port 25 open to the public! The sending
server was also not the MX server. (The helo was/is just fine - they just can't
get it except from our MX listed server). They are not doing a callback based
on the MX record, but instead on the sending IP. They evidently don't use spf
records either.

I understand why they are doing this - it just is not in the RFCs (yet?). In a
way I agree with them - there needs to be some system of authentication between
MTA to MTA communications. There really needs to be a new standard - I hope it
isn't left to M$ to set it.

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@???
Transtronics, Inc.                   WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434