Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Author: Martin A. Brooks
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 09:25 -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
> And way to set exim up to conditionally retry on 550 errors instead of
> bounce. This would be a situation where I know the 550 souldn't have
> occurred and want to retry till the receiving host is fixed.#

5XX are permanent errors, retrying wouldn't make any sense.

If that's not the intended behaviour then you need to talk to the admin
of the receiving site and have them return 4XX instead.

--
Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
   Consultant    |  martin@???      | filtering. Inoculate