Re: [exim] which is better sendmail or exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Anthony de Boer
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] which is better sendmail or exim
Steve Wray wrote:
> And if you want it to do handy things like, oh I don't know how about
> *not* bouncing spam or viruses, you will need the extra patches (DJBs
> philosophy on email seems to be that all mail should be either delivered
> or bounced. Very 1980's :)

Nod. I've used it for a few too many years myself. It did an excellent
job doing what it was specified to do, a decade ago (NOT having root
holes like Sendmail, and not being such a resource pig either), but the
world has moved on and qmail hasn't, unless you go puzzling over
third-party patches.

Finding a project that's currently maintained and has a lot of smart
people working on it and that's useful out-of-the-box is a wonderful
thing.

--
Anthony de Boer