Re: [exim] which is better sendmail or exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Steve Wray
Para: Renaud Allard
CC: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] which is better sendmail or exim
Renaud Allard wrote:

> Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> Qmail sucks. It's actually worse than sendmail because you have to join
>> their cult and be brainwashed to use it.
>>

> Are you the same Mark Perkel as the one who asked which one of qmail or
> exim was the most secure? :)

Hah, I second Marc on this. I've had to manage a qmail server for a
while and it is awful, nightmarishly so.

In order to do anything useful with it, you have to apply third-party
patches. These are not supported by the qmail developer himself and the
various patches are generally not regression-tested against one another.
And they are patching C code which might be described as 'idiosyncratic' :)

And if you want it to do handy things like, oh I don't know how about
*not* bouncing spam or viruses, you will need the extra patches (DJBs
philosophy on email seems to be that all mail should be either delivered
or bounced. Very 1980's :)

We've had nothing but great performance, spam and virus filtering since
changing over to exim. Exim rocks. Thank you Exim!
:)