Re: [exim] Custom user aliases

Author: Tom Wells
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Custom user aliases
> Well, he's not doing it successfully, because he's still running version
> 3 -- if it's complaining about not finding the redirect driver, it's not
> exim 4.

Hehe, sorry i had just assumed that my dapper install would have
installed exim4 by default. Anyways it's resolved and working quite
well thanks to everyones help! - i do have one more question however:

I have a couple of entries in /etc/aliases (such as news, root, etc)
which deliver to my local account (tom). If i send a test email to
tom-test@???, the local_part_suffix works great and i can detect
the suffix in my .forward file and filter as needed. If i send a test
email to news@??? it delivers nicely to tom and i can pick it up in
my .forward file as such. However if i send a test email to
news-test@??? exim throws an error in mainlog saying:

news@??? <news-test@???> R=userforward defer (-1): failed to
stat /var/spool/news/. (No such file or directory)

/var/spool/news happens to be the news home directory according to
/etc/passwd, but surely i've specified in the /etc/aliases that
deliveries to news should be delivered to user tom rather, and thus
surely exim shouldn't be bothering with /var/spool/news at all?

Obviously i'm having a problem with the combination of aliases plus
using the local_part_suffix stuff, anyone know how to make them play
nice together?

Regards,
Tom