Re: [exim] smtp auth

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: jean-paul natola
A: john.robinson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] smtp auth

>On 21/11/2006 17:37, jean-paul natola wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you mean by an Exhcnage issue, if I turn on SMTP AUTH
>it
> > works fineon Exhacnge , I redirect my firewall to the exchange box and
>it
> > works great, However, I do not want my SMTP traffic coming into my
>exchange
> > box, not till EXIM has "cleaned" it- I want Exchange to acknowledge the
> > connection from the BSD box as a SMTP AUTH connection
>
>You've at least two choices. The easier option is probably to tell
>Exchange to accept unauthenticated SMTP from the IP address of your
>BSD/exim box. Alternatively, add a user account on the Exchange box (or
>to the Active Directory or whatever) for exim to use to authenticate
>itself, and have a look at
>http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch33.html#id2662980
>and also other relevant sections in the following few chapters to get
>exim to authenticate itself.

I'm not sure if I can "have my cake and eat it too" when I turn on SMTP
AUTH it rejects the IP of the freebsd box, even though I SPECIFICALLY "allow
relay from ip x.x.x.x"

Ideally i was looking to get the BSD box to authenticate against the
Exchange , I will look at the link you sent as I feel this is the bes way to
go.

friends module.