Re: [exim] smtp auth

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Robinson
A: jean-paul natola
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] smtp auth
On 21/11/2006 17:37, jean-paul natola wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by an Exhcnage issue, if I turn on SMTP AUTH it
> works fineon Exhacnge , I redirect my firewall to the exchange box and it
> works great, However, I do not want my SMTP traffic coming into my exchange
> box, not till EXIM has "cleaned" it- I want Exchange to acknowledge the
> connection from the BSD box as a SMTP AUTH connection

You've at least two choices. The easier option is probably to tell
Exchange to accept unauthenticated SMTP from the IP address of your
BSD/exim box. Alternatively, add a user account on the Exchange box (or
to the Active Directory or whatever) for exim to use to authenticate
itself, and have a look at
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch33.html#id2662980
and also other relevant sections in the following few chapters to get
exim to authenticate itself.

Cheers,

John.