Re: [exim] exim loggin

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim loggin
Renaud Allard wrote:

> W B Hacker wrote:
>
>> - Your own IP is NOT in a dynamic IP block
>>
> Mines are not
>
>> - Your IP resolves to a hostname that in turn resolves to the same IP you are
>> connecting from.
>>
> Mines do
>
>> - Your HELO uses that same hostname.
>>
> Mines do too
>
>> Otherwise, Hotmail is the least of your worries...
>>

> I even have SPF set up, but they still randomly (maybe a good idea for
> someone wanting a true entropy source) delete mails coming from my
> servers (or others I know).
>
> Hotmail _is_ unreliable and untrusted that's all.
> Hotmail is a free service now controlled by MS. If people are stupid
> enough to have their primary or business email there, it's their
> problem. They shouldn't complain they have problems, they choose an
> unreliable service, so they should accept their choices, nobody forced
> them to use it.

Google will certainly show that Micros**t is no favorite of mine.

But - to be fair - Hotmail/MSN are not, and have never been, particularly
'unreliable' at the MTA level.

au contraire.

They at one time *admitted* to transiting something on the order of a *billion*
spam messages per 24 hours, but transit them they did, along with a 'slightly'
larger number of valid messaes, and largely without fail or fanfare.

'Unreliability' w/r Hotmail/MSN has largely stemmed from folks such as ourselves
blocking *them*, not MSN/Hotmail blocking *us*. OR from broken clients used
with their service.

They have worked hard to clean up that spam mess - so much so that we seldom
even get hits on the *forged* Hotmail/MSN acl any longer, as spammers have felt
the bite that only cubic money can buy, and now steer well clear.

Pity we cannot hit the spammers as hard from where we sit as Redmond has.

Bill