Re: [exim] exim loggin

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim loggin
Mark Bell wrote:
> ok, I have:
>
> log_selector = +all -all_parents -queue_run -arguments
>
> in my:
>
> 02_exim4-config_options
>
> and have restarted:
>
> /etc/init.d/exim4 restart
>
> But still only get this for each entry:
>
> 2006-11-17 20:02:55 1Gl9vJ-0005F8-Kf => 1231213@??? R=dnslookup
> T=remote_smtp H=mx4.hotmail.com [65.54.244.104]
> 2006-11-17 20:02:55 1Gl9vJ-0005F8-Kf Completed
>
> What am I missing to get that extra info in the log?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark
>
>> I'm not so sure.

If that is what you now have logging is set to, nearly *every* sucessful
delivery should now show the '250 OK....' as the far-end signals its intentions.
See if you are now getting those for *other* (not Hotmail) deliveries.

The reason I posted a snippet from a delivery for Hotmail was to show that they
normally DO show the standard information. Experience of others notwithstanding,
we have been exchanging traffic with Hotmail for 6+ years w/o any systemic problems.

No idea if your posts to this list come from the same server you are having
problesm with Hotmail from, BUT - other things to check:

- Your own IP is NOT in a dynamic IP block

- Your IP resolves to a hostname that in turn resolves to the same IP you are
connecting from.

- Your HELO uses that same hostname.

Otherwise, Hotmail is the least of your worries...

Bill