Re: [exim] Problem Rewriting 'Received: from...' and 'From:.…

Autor: Matthias Waffenschmidt
A: Kunter Agan
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Problem Rewriting 'Received: from...' and 'From:...'
Hello,

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 03:58:31PM +0100, Kunter Agan wrote:
> I want to change the senders identity completely - when user root sends an
> email, addresses are rewritten - ok - but if you take a nearer look at the
> mail, you'll find out very fast who's the real sender of the mail.
>
> Here is an example:
>
> Content of file /etc/email-addresses:
>
> root: john.doe@???
>
> When typing :
>
> echo "mycontent" | mail -s "mysubject" john@???
>
> at the prompt as user root local user 'john' receives the following mail:

> In the exim.conf file I put the following rewriting-rule:
>
> *@+local_domains "${lookup{${local_part}}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
>                    {$value}fail}" Eh

> MY QUESTIONS:
>
> What can I do if I absolutely don't want to see the 'root' in the 'Received:
> from ...' and 'From: ...' lines?

The problem is that 'root' is the value of $sender_ident and this
variable is not subject to address rewriting, it simply is no address.

You can get rid of the line by changing the Received: line Exim adds
to the message using the main option received_header_text. For details
see
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch14.html#id2597806

> Or even more important - is the solution of this problem within the range of
> possibilties of exim?

Absolutely.

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33