Re: [exim] Paging Marc Perkel: rDNS on junkemailfilter.com c…

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Paging Marc Perkel: rDNS on junkemailfilter.com checking host(s)
Quoting W B Hacker:

> Use of '$interface' and 'helo_data' should allow you to force what Exim uses to
> match what you have already published in the DNS.

It was pointed out a few times on this list that you cannot user
$interface there, because the transport does not know, which address
will be used for the connection (except if you explicitely set it, but
then you know it already).

If I'm not mistaken, $interface_address and $interface_port are only set
for incoming connections. This should probably be said in the spec. Philip?