Re: [exim] Exim - SA - Exchange

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Johann Spies
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim - SA - Exchange
On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 11:31:46PM +0000, Tom Brown wrote:

> I have to setup an incoming gateway that receives mail filters it and
> then forwards this onto the exchange cluster that is on out LAN - Is
> there a good how-to on this, i will be using RHEL4 and so the package
> option is best for me if possible. I have used SA and Postfix in the
> past so its just the exim configuration and also plugging SA and Exim
> together that i need help with.

I have something similar in production. Our email-gateway (in and out)
runs on three exim servers (Debian) and most of our internal email uses MS
Exchange. There are number of Exchange servers on our campus. Incoming
email are filtered by Spamassassin. Email in both directions are
filtered for viruses using Mcafee's product.

We also relay mail for a few other domains that uses our network
facilities of which some also uses Exchange servers.

The communication with Exchange is just like with any other mail server.
Exim determines whether a recipient's email should be delivered to the
Exchange server (using a Postgresql-database) and then delivers it.

I do not have a step-by-step howto. There is enough knowledge and
experience on this list that you should get answers to specific
questions when you ask them.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and
      the life; he that believeth in me, though he were
      dead, yet shall he live."      John 11:25