[exim] Exim Client Authorization via SMTP

Autor: Monfort
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Exim Client Authorization via SMTP
Hi there,

            Newbie here.

            I'm using EXIM4 with my Debian kernel 2.4.

            I don't know what to do. I'm visiting lots of EXIM user's list
but I can't find what I'm doing wrong. That is what I need (ops, trying) to
do:

            . I have a server inside my company. That equipment is going to
generate automatic e-mail messages. We do not have a DNS server inside so we
want to send this automatic message to an outside ISP provider DNS, the one
that manage and hosts our domain.

                        . I'm trying to send via SMTP

            . Which kind of configuration I have to do?

                        . For router

                        . For Transport

                        . For SMTP Plain Autentication

            I made a Telnet connection to my ISP Provider on port 25 (SMTP)
and after that a ehlo command. That is what ISP returned:

            250 - AUT# LOGIN PLAIN

            250 - AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN

            250 - PIPELINING

            250 - 8BITMIME