Re: [exim] Support Vacuum

Author: Exim Mailing List
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Support Vacuum
On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 04:09:05PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:38:23 +0100, Renaud Allard <renaud@???>
> wrote:
> >It should be noted that exim4 on debian supports the one large conf
> >file. If you put any valid exim configuration file in
> >/etc/exim4/exim4.conf debian exim will use it as its configuration file.
>
> Yes, but that is not adviseable for a newbie. Please do not recommend
> this to somebody who is not clearly experienced with exim.

How else are they going to learn?

Working with the default exim.conf from
/usr/share/doc/exim4-base/examples/example.conf.gz is a lot easier than
working through /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template. They just have to find it
first.

Red hat and CentOS systems have an /etc/exim/exim.conf by default and
leave it to the administrator to configure. I suspect others do too, but
I've only used Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat and CentOS recently.

Steven.
--
It was a virgin forest, a place where the Hand of Man had never set foot.