Re: [exim] handling Yahoo

Autor: Zbigniew Szalbot
A: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] handling Yahoo
Hello,

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

>> My question is how do I make it permanent rather than casual? Could I
>> run exim -q15m -Rff yahoo.com?
>
> Hmm, I would have expected an error from exim in that case, so I can't
> tell what exactly happens if you specify -q<time> and -R.
>
> I'd suggest to just run exim -Rff as a cronjob every hour or so,
> depending on how much time a queue run takes. After all, this is not a
> permanent situation, is it?

This is an idea to use. To be honest with you I did try to start another
queue run with -q15m -Rff and so far it works but should that create
problem, your cron job idea is very good thank you!

As for whether this is temporary situation, I am not so sure. We deliever
emails daily and so I expect it to be a constant problem. That's why a
cron job may help. But I guess I would have to run it every 30 minutes
just in case. There are certain times during the day when we send larger
volumes of emails mostly destined to yahoo (because these folks happen to
be in the same time zone and happen to use yahoo).

Thanks anyway!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot