Re: [exim] handling Yahoo

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] handling Yahoo
Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
>> exim -Rff yahoo.com
>
> This switch does the trick as I mentioned before but it finishes work
> after some time although there is still some mail to be sent.

Of course. It does only one queue run. I.e. exim looks at each mail once
and tries to deliver every mail that has "at least one undelivered
recipient address containing the given string". See exim(8) manpage.

> My question is how do I make it permanent rather than casual? Could I
> run exim -q15m -Rff yahoo.com?

Hmm, I would have expected an error from exim in that case, so I can't
tell what exactly happens if you specify -q<time> and -R.

I'd suggest to just run exim -Rff as a cronjob every hour or so,
depending on how much time a queue run takes. After all, this is not a
permanent situation, is it?

lg,
daniel