Re: [exim] handling Yahoo

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] handling Yahoo
Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> yahoo flatly refuses connections (but most likely does it at a
> firewall and not MTA level because I do not see any specific 550
> errors, just something like:
>
> 2006-11-03 10:19:51 1Gfjf4-000HNf-1c == ADDRESS@??? R=dnslookup
> T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host)

This line has nothing to do with a firewall (packetfilter) or something,
it's the way exim handles its queue. Exim does not retry every time it
sees a message. Have a look at chapter 32 ("Retry configuration") in the
exim manual for further information.

> I am able to send a few emails, a few more get greylisted. Then I
> take the one which was greylisted, do a manual delivery again and so
> on, so forth. Obviously I cannot continue like that.

exim -Rff yahoo.com
Should do the trick for you. Run with -v to see whether it works.

lg,
daniel