Re: [exim] handling Yahoo

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Zbigniew Szalbot
A: Chris Lightfoot
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] handling Yahoo
Hello,

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> have you followed the advice in
>    http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-01.html

Yes.

> -- especially the bit about reading the full error text of
> any failure SMTP responses you've had in previous queue
> runs? Have you talked to the Yahoo email people? (IME
> they're generally helpful-sounding but most of the
> policies seem to be nonnegotiable, even simple ones like
> `can you support a postmaster address?'.) Are you by any
> chance trying to forward mail?

No, no mail forwarding. We simply run a free subscription service and have
over 3600 people with yahoo.* accounts. We daily remove bounces from our
list (no, we are not using mailman, we run our own system that guarantees
personalized delivery - everyone receives a message with their address in
the TO field). For months I have had no complaint about Yahoo services.
And yes I did contact them by form but as you can guess - no reply.

We do not have any spam, no open relay, nothing. The number of emails that
are sent is the main problem as I see it.

Thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot