Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chad Leigh
A: Exim, Users
Asunto: Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!

On Nov 3, 2006, at 12:14 AM, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> On 03/11/06, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <chad+exim@???> wrote:

>>> Does that make it right?
>>
>> Since when is it YOUR responsibility to criticize another's .sig
>> file, especially one only a few lines long ???
>
> Am I not entitled to an opinion? I have to read it. Is it the absolute
> right of anybody to say anything they care to in their emails whithout
> inviting comment?

.sig has traditionally been the place where people can stick their
tagline or other things, regardless of whether it is on-topic for the
forum at hand.

You are entitled to your opinion, in the appropriate forum.

> Something which is so far removed from the topic of
> the mailing list is bound to be contentious.

I am on lots of forums and see all sorts of ridiculous .sig notices.
Ignore them if you don't like them.

> In fact I have no real opinion about the content of the .sig in
> question; I was commenting on the excuse that it was system-generated,

Sorry, that was not obvious.

> which implies that the poster has no control over it - either he
> should defend it or take steps to remove it (like use a gmail account
> if he really can't stop it happening).

I do not know the poster or his circumstances directly, but I suspect
he runs the said system (since he is the DynaStop person if I
followed this correctly). Which, if I am correct, would make his
comment an excuse. But he should not have to defend his .sig
statement in this forum as this forum is about exim. You are free to
email him your objections if you have them. But lets leave a
person's .sig alone in this forum as this is not the correct place
and tradition allows a person a couple of lines at the bottom as
a .sig for whatever they want to say.

best regards
Chad