Re: [exim] IDN conversion

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ian Eiloart
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Chris Lightfoot, Patrik Jansson
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] IDN conversion

--On 31 October 2006 19:46:32 +0000 Chris Lightfoot <chris@???>
wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 08:43:54PM +0100, Patrik Jansson wrote:
>> Chris Lightfoot skrev:
>     [...]
>> > see my later message -- you need allow_utf8_domains.

>> Oh, missed it!
>> But the manual says: "If it is set true, Exim's domain parsing function
>> allows valid UTF-8 multicharacters to appear in domain name components,
>> in addition to letters, digits, and hyphens."
>> Now, this isn't really what I want is it? I can't do dns lookup on
>> a domain which includes åäö, it has to be converted into IDN first!
>
> hmm. I guess if your resolver handled the UTF8 -> IDN
> conversion you could do the rest with a rewrite rule. If
> not, um, not sure, sorry.

This thread illustrates one of the reasons Vint Cerf was on BBC news (at
the Internet Governance Forum) just last month warning of fragmentation of
the Internet that could come about from cavalier adoption of
internationalised domain names.

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6099370.stm>

--
Ian Eiloart