Re: [exim] IDN conversion

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Chris Lightfoot
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Renaud Allard
Kopio: exim-users, Patrik Jansson
Aihe: Re: [exim] IDN conversion
On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 12:39:49AM +0000, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 10:15:28PM +0100, Renaud Allard wrote:

    [...]

> > So you just have to find an address rewrite rule (or more than one) that
> > translates IDN into punnycode at SMTP time. Exim can do this. However, I
> > have no idea on what the rule will look like.
>
> It's likely to be quite complex--see,
>     http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3492
> Until/unless exim grows this support itself, I think
> you'll have to call out to perl or something. If you just
> want to do the restricted case of [äåö] it could probably
> be done with a regex, but probably better to do the thing
> properly.

just to follow this up, there are perl modules
Encode::Punycode and IDNA::Punycode which look nice and
easy to use. But I think you have to do it in a rewrite
rule. However, you should check the encoding at SMTP time
in an ACL so that you can produce a meaningful error
message in the case of bad data.

--
``OK, I'm gonna get your money for you. But if you don't get the President of
the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?