Re: [exim] IDN conversion

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steffen Heil
A: 'Chris Lightfoot', 'Renaud Allard'
Cc: 'exim users'
Asunto: Re: [exim] IDN conversion
Hi

> > I have just set the allow_utf8_domains to true. Now exim accepts my
> > mail to n@lórien.net. But it doesn't seem to understand the
> domain name.
>
> see the spec -- you also need to change
> dns_check_names_pattern, or set it to the empty string.

Argh.
Yes, you could use allow_utf8_domains and dns_check_names_pattern and that
could work, if your resolver handles the conversion.
HOWEVER you would just carry the problem further to the next MTA that would
need to handle the same problems.

SO PLEASE, if you accept such (protocol violating) addresses, rewrite them
and pass them further using an correct encoding (such as punnycode).

Regards,
Steffen