Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!

Author: Oliver Egginger
To: Vitaly A Zakharov
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!
> Use of this "intelligent" behavior of MTA we can handle mail
> transactions more accuracy. This is very simple and efficient way.

We use a similar approach. I wouldn't call it "simple". I wouldn't call
it "\"intelligent\"". It's simply hard work. We combine asn, hostname,
rbl and helo tests, dns adress verifikation and several other sanity
checks in the pre data phase. Nevertheless, a lot of spam and malware
pass through. Only a (full featured) spamassassin in conjunction with
clamAV is able to clean it up.

- oliver