Re: [exim] Exim with TMDA and virtual hosts

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vincent Danen
Para: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim with TMDA and virtual hosts
* W B Hacker <wbh@???> [2006-10-29 02:56:29 +0800]:

> > So, frankly, unless you have some pointers (which is what I asked for),
> > you can keep your personal opinions to yourself.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Well - at least our advice was *polite*, based on actual experience, not hearsay
> or politics, and well-intentioned.

You're inferring that my response wasn't polite?

And your advice, such as it was, wasn't asked for. I'm well aware of
the feelings some people have on TMDA... I just don't happen to share
them. I'm not a newbie to exim, spam, or even TMDA (although I haven't
used the latter in a few years). I'm well aware of the various
attitudes and opinions surroungint TMDA and similar tools. It was
because of those feelings I stopped using it before. However, since my
work email is no longer being forwarded to my personal account, the
rules (for me) have changed, leaving me the freedom to use TMDA if I so
choose (as it doesn't interfere with work email).

So while your advice is well intentioned, it still wasn't asked for.
Clearly this is a sore spot with many people... I've already had a few
ignorant emails sent to me personally telling me they're going to
blacklist my MTA's IP.

And you know what? That's fine. I find it surprising the degree of
prejudice against a particular tool, and against those who choose to
employ it. I'm sure that those is in support of SA aren't blacklisting
those who don't use it. It has, however, lessened my opinion of a few
people (not yourself, since you have been nothing but polite).

It's a shame, really.

> I'm sure you won't be surprised that we keep the *pointers* to ourselves as well.

Well, since I'm not paying anyone, I don't *expect* anything. I asked a
community of peers (no, I'm not a newbie to email and/or exim), and on
the one hand received a polite response with advice, and on the other
some fairly ignorant responses. I didn't come on here (unlike some)
expecting or demanding answers. I'm fully able to implement this myself
but in the interests of time and just a valid curiousity of how others
have implemented it (just because I can, doesn't mean it'll be the most
efficient) I thought I'd ask a community.

Some of the responses I received I expected from the qmail or postfix
mailing lists... not this one.

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;