[exim] exim and outlook auth problem

Author: keith
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] exim and outlook auth problem
Sorry if this is an of topic post, but i need some help please.

A good friend of mine who host my mail has just changed over to exim on
his mail servers (mac osx). using exim 4.63 i believe.

I use outlook 2003 sp2 fully updated for my email client.

Since he has changed over to exim i can no longer send email.

I can collect my email via pop no problem but as soon as i try to send via
smtp it fails. I have changed my auth settings to every combination i can
in outlook but still it fails. I have tried it on 3 different pc's using
outlook and i get the same error on all.

After much googling i have read in the exim mailinglist archives that
outlook does not always use standard promts when using smtp.

What i am after is for someone on this list to confirm that this is a know
problem with exim and outlook. And hopefully if there is a fix for it.

I realy hope someone can help..

Oh he is not running ssl or SPA for authentication.

Mant thanks

Keith