Re: [exim] per user spamassassin setup

Author: Chris Purves
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] per user spamassassin setup
On 19/10/06, Chris Purves <chris.purves@???> wrote:
> Is there a way to have exim call spamassassin with the user to whom
> the e-mail is sent?
>
> I understand that "spam = $local_part" won't work for an acl, but that
> is essentially what I would like to be able to do.

For anyone who is interested, I was able to get exim to call
spamassassin according to $local_part.

In acl_check_rcpt I added:

  # Set variable for user to be used by spamassassin
  warn
    set acl_m0 = $local_part

Then in acl_check_data I was able to call spamassassin:

spam = $acl_m0

This allowed me to get around not being able to use $local_part in
acl_check_data.

In order for this to work, spamd be started by root. I also noticed
that $local_part is specified by the e-mail, not the final delivery
account as set in /etc/aliases, so mails to postmaster or abuse, for
example, will not be able to create user_pref files,etc. I am using
MySQL to store user/bayes/awl settings, so in my case there is no
problem.

--
Take care, eh.
Chris