Re: [exim] per user spamassassin setup

Author: Stuart Gall
To: Chris Purves
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] per user spamassassin setup

On 20 Oct 2006, at 06:10, Chris Purves wrote:

> Is there a way to have exim call spamassassin with the user to whom
> the e-mail is sent?
>
> I understand that "spam = $local_part" won't work for an acl, but that
> is essentially what I would like to be able to do.
>
> What is the best way to do this?

We were discussing this, albeit in relation to postmaster, about a
week ago.
You need to set up acl variables in the rcpt acl for the user reject/
warn spam levels and then use them in the data acl
There is however a big problem. The data-acl and hence spam scanning
is only run once per message, but the rcpt acl is run for each
recipient.

So the above only works if there is one recipient, if there is more
than one then you must decide on a policy, either the most
restrictive or most promiscuous setting must be used (up to the
system policies)
And there in you are stuffed, because your abusers will conveniently
not understand the issue and complain whatever policy you adopt.

At the moment I have a working setup whith just two levels.
    1) Reject any thing above 5
    2) warn above 5 reject over 10

Users can chose, but if the mail goes to a user in group A and CC to
a user in group B the group A rules apply.

but with a bit more work you could set per user warn and reject levels