Re: [exim] truncated messages with mailman

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] truncated messages with mailman
On 10/24/06 2:59 AM, "richard" <rh231@???> wrote:

> Can anyone suggest anything?
> problem:
> I have exim with cygwin, running mailman as mail list administrator.
> With mailman all messages are truncated to about 47 Kb. With Mutt email client
> we can send messages with a much greater size.
> How can I increase the message size used with mailman? Thx.

I don't know of any way to induce Exim to truncate normal messages in that
way. (I could cause Exim to truncate bounces uncleanly like that.)

The Mailman list was correct in what they told you (I'm on that list as
well). Mailman doesn't do that.

Unfortunately, neither does Exim.

Take a look at the Exim logs showing one of the truncated messages coming in
to Exim. In particular, the S=somenumber part. That somenumber is the size
of the message in bytes. Is it already truncated by the time it reaches
Exim?

--John