Re: [exim] trouble sending remote mail

Author: David Roundy
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] trouble sending remote mail
On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 02:47:46AM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> I've seen this enough now that I am going to confidently say, 'no need
> for more information'. cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail is
> 0, plus or minus a few points, right? You need an entropy source,
> or a fixed module for your disk subsystem. Barring either of those,
> turn off tls for deliveries (hosts_avoid_tls = *).

Yes, indeed, that seems to be the case. Any suggestions how one could add
an entropy source? This is a remotely hosted virtual server, so I've not
got much control over the kernel, but it'd be nicer to add an entropy
source (although in the meantime I'll just try disabling tls).

And where would I put the hosts_avoid_tls? I tried sticking it in the
remote_smtp transport file which on my debian system is

### transport/30_exim4-config_remote_smtp
#################################
# This transport is used for delivering messages over SMTP connections.
remote_smtp:
debug_print = "T: remote_smtp for $local_part@$domain"
driver = smtp

in between the driver and the debug_print, but exim complained. Then I
tried sticking it after the driver, and it didn't complain, but I'd
appreciate confirmation that this is correct.

Thanks!
--
David Roundy
Dept. of Physics