Re: [exim] Sympa and aliasfile?

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sympa and aliasfile?
Jan Johansson wrote:

>>AFAIK, the 'challenge' if you are restricted to only the *system* alias
>
> file comes about if the server hosts >more than one (mail) domain.
>
> In this case; It does not.
>

>>Otherwise, all-else-being-equal, it should JFW.
>

> So, exim is sendmail compatible on aliasfiles? I thought piping did not work
> like that?

Exim is *highly* Sendmail compatible.

Pipe commands installed under sendmail worked just fine for us w/o alteration
after a drop-in Sendmail => Exim upgrade.

Appropriate routers and transports must, of course, be in place.

>>NB: *someone* will ordinarily need 'root' privs to get those entries into
>
> the system-alias file and/or alter >them if/as/when lists change.
>
> In this case, sympa creates the file in its home-dir, which exim can read.

Well - that DOES need a change in Exim's router code, it must be told to look
for that, and what type of lookup to use.

By the same token it appears to have already been implemented for you.

Bill