Re: [exim] [off-topic] Using low-priority DNS MX record as s…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: W B Hacker, exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] [off-topic] Using low-priority DNS MX record as spam trap

--On 21 October 2006 08:04:35 +0800 W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:

>> I find that the lowest-priority exchangers
>> in my domains are used primarily (maybe
>> exclusively, I need to analyze) by
>> spammers.

The question is why? Are they going directly there, or have they just been
rejected by your primaries? If they're going straight to the secondaries,
hoping that the secondaries are poorly protected, then there's some value
to doing this - the secondaries act as a decoy, and you can use them to
teergrube. Otherwise, you get no decoy effect, but you could still
teergrube.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex