Re: [exim] Really Cool Trick

Author: Hill Ruyter
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Really Cool Trick
Hi Can ask a quick question on this

When I create a new user on my server (the e-mail users do not have local
accounts)
I put the username in file named after the domain in a directory called
virtuals

the exim router does a check against the local parts and if the user exists
in the file under the relevant domain
it passes it then when it delivers it in the transport a new folder is
created by exim for that user

I have not had to create the folder in advance

PS
I do not have many users so this manual process works for me
it would be no fun for you guys with hundreds or thousands I guess you
would have databases to search

Regards
Hill