Re: [exim] Really Cool Trick

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Really Cool Trick
Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> Stuart Gall wrote:
>
>>What he is doing I thing is getting exim to automatically create a new
>>account for any local part it receives on the domains it servs.
>

> So it accepts wildcard deliveries?
>

>>That is quite clever.
>

> Perhaps that's not the word that I would choose.

Maybe someone should mark this date on the wall... but I do have to come to
Marc's defense on that point.

;-)

He *did* specify that [his routers require] the folder must already exist - i.e.
had been manually created in advance.

So NO - new arrivals would NOT create a folder, and even the standard 'require
verify = recipient' *might* also reject on-existent ones. Otherwise queue and
not deliver. (see below).

The idea is not new or original, (been used by others for years in multi-user
environments), but his way of symlinking et al, might be.

W/R pass/fail on verifying the recipient ... that depends on parts we have not
been shown, i.e. entire router chain AND/OR other means of vetting (DB, flat
file, etc.) not having a 'leak' at any point.

Bill