Re: [exim] Really Cool Trick

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Really Cool Trick

Ian Eiloart wrote:

> --On 18 October 2006 20:34:12 -0700 Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
>
>> I just developed this for a guy who had only one email address for his
>> domain. Instead of having several email addresses what I did was if he
>> created an IMAP folder then the email address folder@??? would go
>> directly into that folder.
>
> Now, all of a sudden he has more than one email address for that
> domain. Do you mean he had only one user account on your server?

This person only has one user account for the domain with no plans to
ever have more. It's a domain for one person. But he's into IMAP and
likes the idea of direct folder delivery. So if he subscribes to some
new email list what he does is create a folder for that list and then
subscribe using the email address folder@???. The existence of
the folder makes the email address valid.

I added it to my personal domain and I like it. In my case I have other
accounts so it can onle be used with one account per domain. I first
process real accopunt and aliases then if nothing else matches it will
then start matching folders on my account. The "default" account that
gets the folder match is activated by creating a symlink "default" to
the directory of the person who gets the feature.