[exim] In-line lsearch

Author: Doug Jolley
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] In-line lsearch
Doing something like:

data = ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim/forward}}

impresses me. I see it as being clever, ingenious, and elegant.

However, I'm wondering what I can do if I have only a very few addresses
that I want to have forwarded to other addresses; and, for that reason would
like to avoid having a separate file to hold them. I'd just like to do the
whole thing from within the config file itself. I can think of ways to do
it; but, none of them have the elegance of the above. So, I'm wondering if
anyone has a clever way of doing this from the config file. I'd love to
hear about it. Obviously, it's easy to do with only one forwarding address;
but, what if I had say 4 or 5. That's the situation I'm wanting to address.
Thanks for any input.

        ... doug