Re: [exim] conducive.org

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] conducive.org
David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 01:55 +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
>
>>The only other 'legit' hit besides Renee's that was apparent was
>>Odhiambo Washington's server.
>

> You missed at least one.

If you mean the one you posted from, no - that was in the LBL for other reasons.

;-)

Back last July we were still trying sender verify and you were experimenting at
that time with SRS with a 4-mile-long munged address.

For whatever reason, that was failing sender verify.
Old config, long-since changed, here, but an old copy on the Zurich server has:

   warn
     !verify     = sender/defer_ok/callout=10s,defer_ok

and some acl_c(x) that carried scores for later disposition. The BL are only one
part of the scoring system.

May have been the 10s timeout, though I don't see SRS on your recent traffic -

Best,

Bill