Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: David Saez Padros
CC: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive
Hi !!

> Spam is bad because it is the use of other people's resources without
> permission.
>
> Trying to block spam by using other people's resources without
> permission is just as bad as sending spam.

Does anyone have real statistics about that suposed resource abuse ?
I have never seen in years any of my servers being abused by callouts
and we had some email addresses that were spread in millions of users
around the world and when lots of them get infected we get many more
bounces that callouts. In the case of a server being very busy callouts
can be more a problem for the server doing them and as they are a
resource/time expensive thing to do, i supose that almost everyone
doing callouts are doing them at a last stage in the verification
process.

On our case only 0.17% of the rejections are due to sender
verifycation failures and 99.51% of the rejections are due to tests
done before doing callouts. We do not have statistics on accepted mail
but as long as we have a whitelist with all email addresses that
usually send mail to our users for which we do not do callouts and
also taking in count exim's callout cache i really doubt that callouts
could be a resource problem for other people.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53