Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave Pooser
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive
> There are always enough mail admins out there who are stupid or lazy
> enough to use any given blacklist [...] if it's marketed well,

Doesn't have to be marketed well. I run a blacklist at $DAYJOB that's a
composite of lots of different regional blacklists based on countries where
we have no business contacts (basically Europe east of Germany, Asia, Africa
and South America). I have never advertised it as suitable for anyone else's
needs, 'cause it's not. However, in one post to a mailing list showing a
report format I failed to obfuscate the name of the blacklist, and the
report showed it blocked a lot of spam. Five years later it's still getting
queries, and I still get emails from people asking me to unblock them so
they can reach some entity I've never heard of before. I usually contact
those postmasters and they have no idea what my listing criteria are or that
there's any problem with their using a randomly selected balcklist they
found somewhere on the Net....
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com