Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Mail servers blocking DSN's
Stuart Gall wrote:

> On 17 Oct 2006, at 23:23, Renaud Allard wrote:

*snip*

>>Please report them to http://www.rfc-ignorant.org
>

> Excellent RBL. First I heard of them.
> ophosting are already listed a little while ago, did you do that?

Not that there may not be genuine offenders in that DB, but have a care.

'rfc-ignorant' has a long and well-documented history of being exactly that.
'ignorant', and exponentially so.

Someone there was..

- too dumb to use the ubiquitous 'whois',

- too lazy to do 'man telnet' for the options it needs to pretend to be whois,

and ended up blacklisting the entire '.de' TLD 'coz they thot the *registrar*
was non-complaint. (.de was, and is fully RFC compliant).

Not for just a few months, either. Google that.

Likewise they list the registrars of several smaller countries for specious
reasoning.

Doesn't say much for their accuracy.

I give 'em great marks for stubborness, though I uspect they did *eventually*
relent and unblock ".de".

;-)

Bill