Re: [exim] problem of understanding of unseen, self=pass and…

Author: Mark Adams
To: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] problem of understanding of unseen, self=pass and more
Hi Again,

Stuart has posted what you need to do but ...

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 12:59:17AM +0200, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > The first router matched will be processed, unless unseen.
>
> thats exactly the problem: I one router is successful, I have to set
> "unseen", otherwise the following routers aren't processed. But at this
> time I don't know if other routers will be successful. So if I'm setting
> "unseen", then exim behaves as if this router has failed altough it will
> process the message with a transport if any following router is successful.
> But if none of the following routers is successful and the first router
> is "unseen", then exim will reply "Unroutable address". Thats the problem.

Exim should not behave as if the first router has failed if it is
matched and unseen is set. It should do what you have requested of it,
then go onto the next router. If it hits the end of the routers without
matching another then it will bounce back as unrouteable, as it believes
it has not matched because it was set as unseen. Stuarts suggestion is
your best option to make sure all routers are processed (all other
routers set us unseen)

> Regards
> Marten

Cheers,