Re: [exim] changing log output?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] changing log output?
Marten Lehmann wrote:

> Hello,

>>AFAIK, deciphering human speech is not until 5.X, and mind-reading not until 6.X
>

> what I ment was: What have the log_selector line to look like?
>
> log_selector = :main: -field1 -field2, :reject: +field1 +field2
>
> Or how are items separated and the :main: or :reject: options prefixed?
> Or do they have to be prefixed before any item like this:
>
> log_selector = :main: -field1 :main: -field2 :reject: +field1 :reject
> +field2
>
> But at least the documentation doesn't say anything about commas, just
> blanks.
>
> Regards
> Marten

Ah - have to test that. No, not in that form anyway...

- I am only using the :panic: construct in logwrites and log_message

My log_selector, OTOH:

log_selector = +all -queue_run -arguments

When 'testing' as I don't care to keep two consoles tailing main and panic.

For a production box you might use:

-all (to kill the defaults), then +<option> add back only a few.

(tested)

Don't forget that many jurisdictions have laws requiring retention of (at least):

timestamp, from, to, subject

Where ISTR the from and to are both the message and the servers, and period of
retention varies.

Some countries even want the messages archived.... :-(

- and no, please let's not start with the politics of all that, this one was NOT
my doing, and I didn't vote for *either* Bush or Blair..

;-)

Bill