Re: [exim] Proposed change to list moderation handling

Author: John Robinson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Proposed change to list moderation handling
On 17/10/2006 11:10, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> How about 9,000 autoreply messages arriving over the weekend, sticking in
> my incoming queue for a user who's mailbox is already full of them. Having
> removed them yesterday, there's a couple of hundred more today.

I'd agree that the above is useless. It sounds like the mailing list
software needs work; some combination of better spam checking, temporary
blacklisting if there's a deluge, together with a vacation-style
only-send-one cache would be useful.

One list should obviously not produce thousands of these per day to one
recipient, but this still doesn't mean auto-responses - properly handled
- aren't useful.

Cheers,

John.