Re: [exim] Adding a per-recipient message header

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Adding a per-recipient message header
Mike Cardwell wrote:

> * on the Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 09:29:32AM +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
>

>>Maybe it is a sign of advancing age - or having eaten my fair share of 'poor
>>man's food'....
>>
>>But I'm having a hard time differentiating between 'hash' and 'spam' these days...
>

> *shrug* dictionary.com?
>

>>Either contribute code or give it a rest!
>

> It may come as a surprise to you to find out that most people on this
> list aren't c programmers, or aren't good enough c programmers to
> contribute code. Does this mean they should shut up and
> "give it a rest" ? I fail to see why an enthusiastic request for a new
> and useful feature should be dismissed in such a rude manner.
>
> Mike

Not [ choosing to | being able to ] code does not grant a right to whine and
whimper for days on end.

As with trying to teach a pig how to whistle, it wastes your time and annoys the
pig.

;-)

But to be less abrupt:

Exim has long since gone far beyond the field of an smtp/lmtp MTA.

One might more properly term it a "Message *Management* Agent" (MMA?).

Among hundreds of other features, PH has given us hash handling, not only for
its primary (if somewaht infrequent) use for password handling, but as an
available general-purpose tool.

Several folk have pointed this out, citing the sepcification, but to no avail.

A 'hash', or arrays of same - even if more clearly defined as 'not like what we
already have, but like <some relevant example>.....'.

- and for what 'needful' purpose, is no panacea, let alone even clearly of
value-add within the smtp or post-delivery process.

IOW - it is hard to fathom why and where more comprehensive hash handling could
be of more general - or even *specialized* - utility to Exim than the tools it
already includes.

Even so, to the extent that more comprehensive such tools might light a person's
particular fire, all one needs to do is 'reach out and touch' the operating
system Exim is hosted on - which have all manner of built-in and optional add-on
facilities for such things.

So: "Where's the beef?"

...and what do six-lane highways have to do with [refusal | inability] to read?

Bill