Re: [exim] retry rule lost_connection or tls_required

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andre van der Walt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] retry rule lost_connection or tls_required
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Andre van der Walt wrote:

> when trying to set a retry rule for lost_connection or tls_required as follows:
> *               tls_required       F,2h,15m; F,1d,4h
> *               lost_connection    F,2h,15m; F,1d,4h

> you get the following errors when doing exim -bV
> 2006-10-15 21:38:53 Exim configuration error in line 489 of
> /usr/local/etc/exim/configure:
> unknown or malformed retry error "lost_connection"
> 2006-10-15 21:38:00 Exim configuration error in line 488 of
> /usr/local/etc/exim/configure:
> unknown or malformed retry error "tls_required"

You have found an odd bug! Both those errors are tested in the test
suite, but by the following lines:

* tls_required
* lost_connection

(i.e. without any retry times). Those lines work. I have now checked
with some times added, and lo and behold, it is as you say.

I will fix the bug and let you know if there's a simple patch.

Thanks for the report.