Re: [exim] Adding a per-recipient message header

Author: SeattleServer.com
To: exim-users
CC: Philip Hazel, Mike Cardwell
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding a per-recipient message header
On Sunday 15 October 2006 11:14, Philip Hazel wrote:
> The next release of Exim allows you to make up your own names for ACL
> variables, and there is no (reasonable :-) limit to how many you can
> have.

*bows*, yay! I've discovered that I can hold them all in memory while
actively working on the config, but coming back to it after a few months can
be hairy ("what's acl_m7, again?). Custom names will be handy. How will
they be named? acl_m_foo, acl_c_bar? Or will they be more freeform names
that need the scope declared?

What do you think of the hash/array variable idea? I suppose unlimited custom
names would^Wmight work in this instance, but in some instances hashes are
cleaner.

I changed would to might, because I'm supposing there will be character
restrictions on the names, still...(i.e. can a variable name contain a @?
What about an =? }? Will there be functions to escape/unescape things?)
Again, hashes seem cleaner as they would (probably, this is an assumption)
not have to be as restricted.

Cheers,