Re: [exim] spam acl condition syntax

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] spam acl condition syntax
On Friday 13 October 2006 11:02, Stuart Gall took the opportunity to say:
> BUT then is says
> The username allows you to use per-domain or per-user antispam
> profiles. The right-hand side is expanded before being used, so you
> can put lookups or conditions there. When the right-hand side
> evaluates to “0” or “false”, no scanning is done and the condition
> fails immediately
>
> But it does not explain how to do this
>
> Moreover I suspect that it is not really possible, per domain or user
> anything is a problem in the data acl

This is a problem inherent in the SMTP protocol. One solution is to defer all
recipients subsequent to the first one, unless they have the same spam
settings/profile. Another one is to use a site-wide profile when there are
more than one recipient or the recipient is a group address. In some cases if
you host several domains it might be useful to have per-domain profiles and
accept any number of recipients as long as they belong to the same domain. A
more advanced solution might involve passing $recipients to a perl subroutine
responsible for deciding which profile to use.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)