Re: [exim] spam acl condition syntax

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Stuart Gall
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] spam acl condition syntax
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Stuart Gall wrote:

> Ahhh
> I see the error in my logic
> "scan for" as in scan on behalf of I was reading "scan for" as in
> look for

Noted for the next manual update.

> therefore I assume that spamassassin is called each time a new spam =
> user is encountered

Can't answer that - Tom wrote the code and I'm not familiar with it. But
if I wanted to know the answer I'd either read the code, or run an
experiment with debugging turned on.

Providing "per user" scanning options is difficult because of the
problem of multiple recipients per message. Providing two or three
different scanning options that users can opt into is easier, by
temporarily rejecting (in the RCPT ACL) additional recipients that have
a different setting to the first (and saving the option in a variable).
I think there's info somewhere about how to do that (the wiki?). It's
untidy, though, and if you have only one IP address, it may delay the
additional recipients.