Re: [exim] regex in an lsearch file?

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] regex in an lsearch file?
On Monday 09 October 2006 10:47, William Deedes took the opportunity to say:
> Now, I've recently started getting a huge number of spams to arbitrary
> numeric addresses at 'mydomain.com'. I'd like to bounce these from exim,
> rather than getting them sent on to local users. Can I put the regex in
> my virtusertable? ie. something like:
>
> xyz@???    local-account-a
> foo@???    local-account-b
> [0-9]+@mydomain.com error:nouser
> @anotherdomain.com  local-account-c

Read about wildlsearch and nwildlsearch in section 9.3 of the specification.
It should allow you to say, for example (with nwildlsearch):

^\d+@mydomain\.com :fail:No such user

*However*, you should really prefer only accepting specifically valid
addresses, rather than accepting everything and trying to block out the spam
attacks of the day.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)