Re: [exim] (no subject)

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] (no subject)
B. Cook wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am installing a new server and doing something I've got happening on
> three other servers without a problem..
>
> I put exim on the outside of a qmail/vpopmail install, and exim only does
> smtp auth for ips not allowed to relay.
>
> It has a localhost router designed to send to qmail at 127.0.0.1:8125
>
> I setup a test.domain domain, and a bcook account in vpopmail, and I get
> back a strange message from exim when I try and send a test message.

Looks as if you have triggered the 'political correctness' routine of Exim's AI
engine.

When placed in a sufficiently weird environment, Exim has the ability to act
just the same as the other players so as not to attract undue attention to itself.

Basic survival mechanism, that is.

Reduce the surrounding weirdness and it will stop acting like that.

;-)

Bill